- Scientist behind Vertex CF drugs launches new startup with Atlas Ventureby bizjournals.com Health Care:Physician Practices headlines on October 14, 2021 at 9:30 am
Jonathan Moore, one of the first employees of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. and a key scientist behind the company's renowned cystic fibrosis drugs, has a new venture. Rectify Pharmaceuticals has ambitious plans to target proteins that affect multiple organ systems including the lungs, liver, gastrointestinal tract, eye and central nervous system. The focus of the new startup are something called ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters, which are membrane proteins that are crucial to moving substrates… (Source: bizjournals.com Health Care:Physician Practices headlines)MedWorm Message: Have you tried our new medical search engine? More powerful than before. Log on with your social media account. 100% free.
- Rare disease company EnBiotix merges with Swiss firmby bizjournals.com Health Care:Pharmaceuticals headlines on September 1, 2021 at 7:44 pm
EnBiotix Inc., a Boston-based biotech focused on rare diseases, is merging with Swiss oncology and antimicrobial resistance-focused company Polyphor. Under the terms of the agreement, Polyphor will acquire all of EnBiotix's outstanding capital stock; EnBiotix will in turn acquire the rights to inhaled murepavadin, a potent antibiotic that targets multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in cystic fibrosis patients, for $10 million . The merger is expected to close in the fourth quarter… (Source: bizjournals.com Health Care:Pharmaceuticals headlines)
- Specialized CT training helps readers diagnose lung diseaseby AuntMinnie.com Headlines on August 25, 2021 at 6:00 am
A specialized training program for interpreting thoracic CT images can leve...Read more on AuntMinnie.comRelated Reading: AI algorithm can predict severity, progression of COPD Thoracic radiologists give top tips for CT evaluation of lung parenchyma Thirona launches AI algorithm for cystic fibrosis MinIP reconstructions boost CT's COVID-19 performance Machine learning boosts chest CT's performance (Source: AuntMinnie.com Headlines)
- Cystic fibrosis triple therapyby NHS Networks on August 22, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Thousands of cystic fibrosis patients in England have had their health drastically improved by a “miracle” treatment, allowing one to give birth to a baby, since the NHS made it available one year ago. (Source: NHS Networks)
- For years, I feared that I’d outlive my daughter. And then science did something amazing.by Washington Post: To Your Health on August 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease that slowly destroys the lungs beginning in childhood, has no cure. After years of work, new treatments are changing the dire prognosis for many. (Source: Washington Post: To Your Health)MedWorm Message: If you are looking to buy something in the January Sales please visit TheJanuarySales.com for a directory of all the best sales in the UK. Any income gained via affiliate links keeps MedWorm running.