- FDA approves Xolair ® (omalizumab) for adults with nasal polypsby Roche Media News on December 1, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Basel, 01 December 2020 - Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the company ’s supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) for Xolair® (omalizumab) for the add-on maintenance treatment of nasal polyps in adult patients 18 years of age and older with inadequate response to nasal corticosteroids.1 Nasal polyps can lead to a loss of smell and nasal congestion, and frequently co-occur with other respiratory conditions, such as allergies and asthma. With this approval, Xolair is now the first biologic for the treatment of nasal polyps that targets and blocks immunoglobulin E (IgE), a key driver of inflammation.“With Xolair, we observed significantly reduced nasal polyps and congestion...MedWorm Message: Have you tried our new medical search engine? More powerful than before. Log on with your social media account. 100% free.
- Telehealth Finds Acceptance Among Patients With Cf, Clinicians Telehealth Finds Acceptance Among Patients With Cf, Cliniciansby Medscape Medical News Headlines on November 23, 2020 at 9:28 am
Telehealth is widely accepted among individuals with cystic fibrosis (CF) and the physicians who treat them, according to three new studies.Medscape Medical News (Source: Medscape Medical News Headlines)
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: cystic fibrosis, NICE (updated 7th October 2020)by Current Awareness Service for Health (CASH) on November 20, 2020 at 10:14 am
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with cystic fibrosis and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection.The guideline focuses on what you need to stop or start doing during the pandemic. Follow the usual professional guidelines, standards and laws (including those on equalities, safeguarding, communication and mental capacity), as described in 2 External 0 0 0 making decisions using NICE guidelines false https://www.nice.org.uk/about/what-we-do/our-programmes/nice-guidance/nice-guidelines/making-decisions-using-nice-guidelines true false%>. On 7 October 2020, we withdrew our recommendations on reducing or deprioritising cystic fibrosis registry data entry, limiting transplant services and deferring transition to adult services ...
- Why Is Meconium Ileus Diagnostic for Cystic Fibrosis?by MedicineNet Kids Health General on November 20, 2020 at 6:00 am
Title: Why Is Meconium Ileus Diagnostic for Cystic Fibrosis?Category: Procedures and TestsCreated: 11/20/2020 12:00:00 AMLast Editorial Review: 11/20/2020 12:00:00 AM (Source: MedicineNet Kids Health General)
- Understanding lung infections in patients with cystic fibrosisby EurekAlert! - Infectious and Emerging Diseases on November 19, 2020 at 4:00 am
(University of Warwick) For young people with cystic fibrosis, lung infection with Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, is common and is treated with antibiotics in the hope that this will prevent a decline in lung function. However there has recently been debate over the role S. aureus plays in CF lung disease. Researchers from the University of Warwick have used a new model of CF lungs which could be used to make better decisions about future use of antibiotics. (Source: EurekAlert! - Infectious and Emerging Diseases)MedWorm Message: If you are looking to buy something in the January Sales please visit TheJanuarySales.com for a directory of all the best sales in the UK. Any income gained via affiliate links keeps MedWorm running.